Sears is one of the nation’s leading merchandise retailers and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corp. Sears Credit Card belongs to the Citibank Inc. The sears credit card has the following cards; Sears Card, Sears MasterCard, Sears Commercial One Card, and Sears Home Improvement Account. On this document, we will mainly look at sears card. Sears has also partnered with Citibank from Citigroup Inc. to offer its customers three different types of credit cards with various rewards and benefits programs.
Sears Credit Card Benefits and Features
- With the card, you can shop at sears, Kmart, Sears.com or kmart.com. Card members enjoy monthly savings, valuable coupons, and special financing offer every day.
- With a sears card, you are able to operate your account from a sears application available in google play.
- All members have a 24/7 access and control over their account information, payments and statements. You can also make one-time payment directly online or schedule a payment.
- Sears enables its’ members to be the first to know about sears sales, saving opportunities and specials. Reduce papers by receiving paperless statements.
The card has high security enhanced features that protect its’ users from theft identity. In case of theft identity, Citi identity solutions help you recover your account and identity. Card members are not liable in case of unauthorized purchases.
How to Login Sears Credit Card
To login the user click this webpage and enter his/her User ID and password correctly.
If the username or password has been lost or forgotten Citibank can assist in retrieving the information. Cardholders are encouraged to visit this webpage at which point, upon entering the pertinent information (card number, full name, 3-digit security code, last four digits of Social Security), Citibank will retrieve the requested information and send it to the cardholder.
Sears Credit Card Activation
Once a Sears Credit Card has been received in the mail, the cardholder can activate it over the phone at (1-800-589-7327) or online. For an online activation please follow these steps:
Step 1 – Personal Information
On the page shown below the cardholder is asked to enter the following information to activate his/her Sears Credit Card:
- Credit Card Number
- Full Name
- Security Code
- Last 4 Digits of Social Security
- Date of Birth
After this information has been entered the cardholder will be able to simple click ‘Activate’ and render the card functional.
Types of Sears Credit Card Account Access
Online Account Access
Online account access provides you with a number of useful features for managing your Sears Card. Access is free, though you will need to register your card to use the service.
- To register your card, go to Accountonline.com and type in your account number.
- Once you’ve entered your account number, you’ll be asked for the Social Security number of the primary card holder, that person’s date of birth and the zip code of the billing address.
- You can also enter an email address, to get alerts about your account and other information, but this is completely optional.
- Once you’ve made it past the account information screen, it’s time to set up your online account.
- First, you will need to type in a User ID and password so that you can easily log in to your account next time.
- You will then be asked to pick two security questions to make sure you and only you can access your account.
- Finally, you will be asked to add a couple additional details regarding your account. Once you click continue, this completes your registration.
After you have registered by providing your account number and relevant personal information, you can log in using the user name and password you create.
- Once logged in, you can view your account balance.
- You can also view statements and recent transactions, which can be sorted by date or amount.
- If you need access to older statements, you can order PDFs directly online and have them delivered to your online account messages folder. This is a great feature if you can’t track down old account statements.
- You can also make payments online, view your payment history, and get information about interest and finance charges.
It is also possible to speak with a customer service representative about your Sears card. To do so, you can place a call to the customer care center for the specific type of account that you have. Contact numbers for the various accounts are:
- Sears Card: 800-917-7700
- Sears MasterCard: 800-669-8488
- Sears CommercialOne: 800-599-9712
- Sears Great Indoors MasterCard: 800-823-7879
- Sears Home Improvement Account: 800-366-3817
Sears Credit Card Rewards & Benefits
All three cards give users access to online services, $0 liability on unauthorized purchases, advanced notice of any Sears’ sales events and identity theft resolution services. For the Sears Card and Sears MasterCard, new applicants have two options: get $10 off when approved and a purchase is made that day, or six months of special financing on purchases made that day. Both credit cards also have a variety of credit offers. For example, cardholders can get 5% off electronics items over $599 or no interest if the balance is paid in full within 12 months. There are similar offers for home appliances, fitness items, lawn and garden items, tools, sporting goods, furniture and mattresses.
The Sears Home Improvement Account has no credit offers other than to allow the cardholder to make monthly payments on larger high-priced items.