The HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs Program underlies a two-pronged approach. Primarily it provides lucrative avenues of employment to fresh PhD professionals and, in turn, develops faculty of public and private sector universities/DAIs to ensure quality teaching and research, which is one of the core strategic aims of HEC.
IPFP provides all Pakistani fresh PhD graduates an opportunity to be placed as Assistant Professor on a tenure track system based Assistant Professor Position for a maximum period of one year.
Excel as an Assistant Professor in HEC recognised public/private sector universities of Pakistan/AJK, while earning competitive compensation packages. A list of HEC recognised public sector universities and their constituent institutes can be found here
HEC will pay complete salary funds in case of public sector universities, while 50% funds will be shared by HEC in case of private sector listed universities.
Work in a research-conducive environment supported by faculty offices furnished with physical and technological facilities such as computer & DSL.
Revision of Salary for IPFP Faculty
The HEC Competent Authority has approved the revised pay of Assistant Professor placed under Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) w.e.f 01.07.2016 @ Rs. 130.000.
- Applications are invited from the fresh PhD professionals round the year.
- HEC has processed and placed 3,095 PhD professionals at Pakistani Universities/HEIs against 70 batches of IPFP till November 30, 2016
- HEC has taken the absorption status of 1, 960 PhD Faculty Members for monitoring purpose at recognized Public and ‘W’ category Private Sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes who have completed their ‘One year’ under IPFP till July 2016.
- HEC will encourage to place IPFP members to only those universities/DAIs whose absorption rate of retaining them as their faculty member is maximum.
BENEFITS AFTER JOINING
- Get PKR 0.5 million start-up research grant right upon joining the host institution by submitting a concept paper to R & D division of the HEC.
- Avail larger research grants under the National Research Programme for Universities (NRPU) after becoming a permanent faculty member.
- Benefit from travel grants for presenting research papers at International Conferences.
- Diversify experience by acting in numerous capacities such as HEC approved supervisor and expert in HEC committees.
- Explore further employment possibilities (Tenure Track System of HEC).
- Continue research facilitated by access to online resources via HEC Digital Library.
|HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs Program|
|Slots available for IPFP at Universities|
|The Eligible IPFP Applicants of following mentioned disciplines are encouraged to apply below stated universities/ HEIs.|
|Bahria University, Islamabad|
|Computer Science||Information Security||1|
|Information Security||Computer Graphics||1|
|Information Technology||Operating System||1|
|Computer Engineering (with PEC number)||Networking/Communication||1 or more|
|Embedded System/Digital Design|
|Software Engineering(with PEC number)||Engineering Management Program||1|
|Management/Accountant & Finance||2|
|Supply Chain Management||1|
|Electrical Resistivity Techniques||1|
|Petroleum Geology/Sedimentology & Structure||1|
|Media Study||Media studies||1|
|Communication & Networks||3|
|Social Sciences||Information Relation||1|
|Bahria University, Karachi Campus|
|Computer Engineering||Relevant Field||1|
|Software Engineering||Relevant Field||1|
|Computer Sciences||Machine Learning/Computer Vision/Image Processing||1|
|Supply Chain Management||1|
|Bahria University, Lahore Campus|
|Computer Sciences &IT||Computer Networks||1|
|Management Sciences||Management Sciences||1|
|Supply Chain Management||2|
|Ziauddin University, Karachi|
|Ziauddin University, Karachi||Speech & Language Pathology||1|
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible scholars are encouraged to submit the IPFP application form along with the following documents:
- Detailed Résumé.
2. List of Publications.
3. Abstract of PhD Thesis.
4. Copy of PhD Degree (or Completion Notification).
5. Copies of Academic Degrees/Certificates.
6. Copy of National Identity Card.
7. Short Profile in Excel Sheet (Soft only), download here
8. Three reference letters (Foreign Scholars must submit at least two from international referees, including one from a PhD supervisor. Indigenous Scholars will have to submit three local reference letters, including one from PhD supervisor).
- HEC Scholars are required to submit NOC from the concerned scholarship section, along with their IPFP application.
Note: All documents must be in proper binding (ring/spiral/other) and TAGGED in the order mentioned above. Please also submit the scanned copy of your application along with related documents in single PDF/Word file of maximum 10 to 15 MB size, through email.
- Unemployed, Pakistani/AJK nationals (not over 45 years of age).
- Holding PhD degrees from HEC recognised Foreign/Pakistani Universities (acquired within the past 4 years at the time of submission of application).
- Preference will be given to those who have recently completed their PhD or will complete their doctorate within four months of the date of application.
- Scholars are eligible to apply for the programme after submission of their PhD thesis; however the offer letter to join a university will be issued after successful completion of their PhD and provision of a duly attested PhD degree with the following conditions:
i). All HEC scholars (Indigenous & Foreign): Upon provision of a copy of their PhD degree, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
ii). Non-HEC Indigenous scholars: Upon provision of “HEC Attested” copy of PhD degrees.
iii). Non-HEC Foreign scholars: Upon provision of Equivalence Certificate of their PhD degrees from the HEC Equivalence Cell.
- HEC Scholars are required to produce NOC from their concerned scholarship section, prior to applying for IPFP.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Appointment of the selected scholars will be made to the post of Assistant Professor-IPFP which is equivalent to the Assistant Professor of HEC Tenure Track System.
The pay package of the Assistant Professor will be PKR 130,000 per month (all Inclusive). This will be fully funded in case of public sector universities, while it will be 50% in case of listed private sector universities.
The appointment will be for a period of one year with no further extension.
A scholar will be rendered ineligible to reapply for IPFP, once he/she has been offered an IPFP position in any university and he/she refuses to join or leave before completion due to any reason.
During the period of one year, it is projected that the scholars will either get recruited by their host institution or find a regular position in some other institution.
Any Doctorate of a University shall not be eligible for appointment under IPFP in the same University, where he/she has obtained his/her PhD degree.
If there is any problem please contact
Ms. Saima Naurin
Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs Programme (IPFP)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission of Pakistan,
Sector H-8, Islamabad.
Programme Management Unit:
Mr. Syed Hassan Raza – Assistant Director
(For Salary related matters)
Phone: +92(51)9080 8076
Mr. Raja Adil Abbas-Project Administrator
(For Job Offer Letters )