Just a few days back, I was really overjoyed to see the option to add emoji, text and even draw on photo and video in WhatsApp on iPhone. Now, the Facebook-owned messaging app has once again been updated to make conversation even more fun-loving.
For those folks who had been pining to send GIFs in WhatsApp, it’s time for them to have a big smile on their face. Moreover, the most popular messaging app now even allows you to send short video as well as Live Photo as animated GIFs. Let’s check out!
How to Search and Send GIFs in WhatsApp on iPhone
First off, download the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Next, you need to open the conversation.
4. Select “Photo & Video Library” from the menu.
5. Up next, you should see a number of GIFs on the screen. Find the one you like most → Use the search bar to search a special GIF → If you like any GIF, tap on it. Then, send it as usual.
How to Send Short Video as GIF in WhatsApp on iPhone
Note: The video must be of six seconds or shorter.
1. Open WhatsApp → Conversation → Plus button.
2. Tap on “Photo & Video Library” from the menu. Select the video you want to send as GIF.
3. Tap on the GIF toggle to turn it into an animated GIF file. Then send it.
If you want to send the Live Photo as a normal photo, choose Select as Photo in the menu.
How to Add Your Favorite GIF into the Star Section in WhatsApp on iPhone
There is also an option to add any GIF to the starred section which you can access through the GIF search page.
1. Open any conversation.
2. Then, tap and hold on any GIF. Then, select the star button.
3. If you are using iPhone 6s or later, peek the GIF and Swipe to reveal the menu, tap on Star.
How to Send Live Photo as GIF in WhatsApp on iPhone
Note: This feature is working on iPhone 6s and later.
1. Open WhatsApp → conversation → Plus button.
2. Tap on “Photo & Video Library” from the menu. Select the Live Photo you want to send as GIF.
3. Simply 3D Touch on the Live Photo and swipe up then choose “Select as GIF”.
The latest version of WhatsApp lets you forward a message to multiple users at one go and tag people in any group chat. Give these features a try as well to hotten-up the temperature of your conversation.