Even though I had always been content with the stock Notes app, I wished to have some interesting functionality to get the best use of it. As compared to other similar apps like Simple note, Notes lacked quite a few user-friendly features. iOS 10 iMessage!!
Fortunately, the Notes app has really improved a lot in recent times. Now, you can directly access your photo library and even be able to capture photos and videos right from this app.
There are several awesome Cydia apps such as CCHide, CyDelete etc. those will help you to do more what cannot be done by a regular iPhone user. This is where Jailbreak stands out.
After searching the internet, I realized that I’m not the only one facing this issue. It seems to be a common problem among some users, even those residing on iOS 8. However, there’s a nifty solution that fixes this problem without requiring your iPhone to be restored.
How to fix an issue with iOS 10 iMessage iPhone or iPad not saving pictures to the Camera Roll.
- Restart your iPhone
- Open the Camera app and take a photo
- Switch to Photo mode and take a picture.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom and send the photo to a contact over iMessages
- Tap on the share button at the bottom and send the image to one of your contacts via iMessage.
- Its time to Restart your iPhone again.
- Unlike Evernote and Simplenote, the Notes app only syncs with iCloud. Hopefully, Apple makes it even more user-friendly adding some of the other important features in it.
- iOS 10 with several impressive features is touted as the biggest ever update. As it is still in developer beta, we expect a lot of changes and improvements by the time it is publicly released this fall.
- The apps which have been vastly improved in iOS 10 are Messages, Music, Photos, Maps, and Safari. The public beta of the newest iOS update is due to be released early next month.
Save Photos from Text Messages on iPhone
If someone sends you an interesting photo in a message, you can save it directly to your Photos app. Beyond messages, you may also want to save photos from Facebook, which you can also easily do. If someone sends you lots of pictures from an event and you want to save those photos to your gallery, you can also bulk save all the images from a text message to your camera roll. If you have a Mac, saving those text message pictures to your computer is an easy process too. From downloading Facebook photos to saving images your friends and family send you via text, here’s how to save photos from messages on iPhone.
Open the text conversation with the image in the iOS 10 iMessage app.
- Locate the image you want to save.
- Tap and hold the image until options appear.
- Tap Save. Your image will save to your gallery.
iOS 10 Messages Not Opening/Blank after iOS Update
- Try a hard reboot: Hold down Home and Power button for 10 seconds at the same time until while apple logo appears, and then release your fingers.
- Reset all settings: on your iDevice, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Restore your iPhone/iPad and then set it as new. Note that make a full back of your iPhone iPad before staring restoring your iDevice.
iOS 10 iMessage/Messages Not Working
Follow below process
- Make sure you have connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G network.
- Tap the ! alert option and try again.
- Turn off and turn on iMessage: Settings > Message > Turn off and turn on iMessage.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
Message App Crashes or Freezes After update to iOS 10
Follow below process
- Use Siri to send a message to the person who just sent message to you.
- Let that person text you again.
- Delete that message just sent to you.
- Reset your Device.
iOS 10 iMessage Features/Effects Not Working
Technique 1: Disable Reduce Motion
To fix iMessage effects not working on iOS 10, the easies way is turning off Reduce Motion. About how to do it, you just need to on your iPhone/iPad: go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduct Motion > Tap it to off.
Method 2: Turn off iMessage and then turn it on
On your iPhone or iPad, go to settings > Messages > iMessages > Tap on it to off > Turn it on again.
Method 3: Disable 3D Touch and try again
If you still haven’t fixed this iMessage problem, you can try to disable 3D Touch on your iPhone, and then turn it on again if it works.Touch on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > Tap on it to turn it off.
How to stop Messages installing other apps
A new feature of iOS 10 allows apps to install themselves via the iMessages App Store. These extensions can make using the Messages app easier, as you can quickly check out third party apps from within Messages, but it can also make the app more complicated to use.
To stop iMessage extensions from automatically installing, open up the Messages app and tap on the arrow icon, then ‘Apps’.
Next, tap the four circles icon in the bottom-left of the screen, then select the ‘Store’ icon. Tap ‘Manage’ then toggle the switch next to ‘Automatically Add Apps’ to off.
How to mute iMessage conversations on iPhone?
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the conversation you’d like to mute — it can be a group message or a conversation with only one other person.
- Tap on the Details button in the upper right hand corner.
- Turn the Do Not Disturb toggle to the On position.
- You should now see a half moon icon next to conversations that you’ve silenced.
How to block someone via iMessage on the iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Messages app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the conversation of the person you’re trying to block.
- Tap Details at the top right.
- Tap on the Info button.
- Swipe up to scroll to the bottom and tap Block this Caller.
- Tap Block Contact in the popup confirmation that appears.
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below.